CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Pictures

I've been having fun learning to use my new camera and taking photos for my Etsy shop. It's been fun to experiment with different backgrounds and angles and I've been pleased with many of the results. I'm getting better at cropping and making adjustments for the light. Even though I take the photos outside, I try to take them in the shade to avoid shadows so they usually need a little lightening. I made a new banner -- I like it a lot but I haven't had much input from others and I don't know how objective I can be. Taking all the photos has been difficult because of the weather -- one doesn't think of FL as anything but sunny. Not the case! It's also supposed to be the dry season but it rains several days a week, is very overcast at times and it gets pretty breezy. It can actually be difficult to find the right time and the right weather to take pictures. The camera is great -- a huge improvement over our old one!

Saturday will be another day at the flea market. It's been going so slowly, I'm not really looking forward to it. To add to the slow sales, this week it may be raining Sat morning. But we'll get up at the crack of dawn and go. I'm so glad Keith has been going with me -- it's nice to have the company and spend the time together.

Our chicken is gone -- someone caught her and took her home.

Being an old movie buff, I'm looking forward to February on TCM -- they always play movies that won or were nominated for Oscars. So they're the best.

0 comments: