CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wow! It's been quite a week!

I started with a cold. Bummer. Didn't go anywhere, didn't do anything, it was downright boring (boring almost NEVER happens to me!).

Then sad. We learned that our friend, Ray, finished his 1-year battle with brain cancer. He's gone home. He will be missed. Our comfort is that we will see him again someday when we get to heaven.

Then rejoicing! My friend, Anna, has been away visiting her daughter, awaiting the delivery of a new baby -- Nathan arrived! He's happy, healthy, doing well ... and Mama is feeling really good. We're praising God!

Then creative. I made a dress for my granddaughter this week -- and made a matching dress for her cabbage patch doll. What fun!

Then excited! We bought a truck! We got it on Ebay and my husband will go to get it next week. It was a little scary buying a vehicle without seeing it -- but we feel pretty comfortable.

Then reasonably satisfied. I took my jewelry to the flea market -- it was an absolutely gorgeous day! Sales were not all I would have hoped for but I still learn something every time I do something like this. One of the things I offer is custom earrings -- customers can choose their colors, their styles or create their own -- and I make it for them. That can be really fun!

Then happy! We found out that our daughter-in-law got a promotion at work -- she really loves her new job (it's just what she's been wanting to do) and the raise is nice too!

So I didn't meet all the goals I had for myself this week ... but it's all good! I also did a bunch of little things or parts of jobs -- hopefully next week we can get some of them wrapped up. I want to make a new banner for my Etsy shop -- have an idea, just need to make it happen. Also need to take photos of jewelry. The only time I had available this week, the wind was really blowing and outdoor pictures were not possible. So, tomorrow.

0 comments: