CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Easter Treats

Our Easter was a wonderful day! We started by celebrating the resurrection of Christ at a great morning worship service! Then we drove, with friends from church, over to Sebring, where we met more friends and had a very nice lunch together. It was a little hard not being home with family ... maybe next year. We got to visit with some of the volunteers who have worked on our crews in the past and are currently living in Maranatha Village -- great to see all of them! Then the church in the village had a wonderful cantata/drama sharing the story of Christ and HIs love. We also saw more friends, which was a treat.

A Special Treat. We got to talk with Alice -- she's maybe in her late 70's and her husband died suddenly 2 years ago -- she's a special kind of friend. She was looking particularly happy ... and had a very nice gentleman beside her .... then she showed us her ring! Three weeks ago, she told me about him .. so I wasn't totally surprised. They are getting married in May! It's been a whirlwind romance and they both look so happy!! We are so happy for her!!

On our trip to Sebring, we drive beside a canal -- we saw a little something (or rather, a big something)!

No bunnies for Easter, but actually, we saw 4 alligators yesterday -- the most we've ever seen on one of our trips!! Three of them were pretty good sized!


We are still working on the new jewelry displays -- we think we have things mostly figured out and the prototype is nearly done. Everything is coming together and looking good! And we're excited at the prospect!

3 comments:

FabricFascination said...

Susan, thank you so much for contacting me and including my shop on your flyers and on your blog. I am honored to meet you and learn about the work you and your husband are doing.

Krazy Kate Designs said...

Yikes! I think alligators are so scary! Enjoying your blog and thanks for all you are doing!

Artopiay said...

Wow! Thank you so much for adding me! :) When I was reading your blog I was so impressed with your adventures and thought this is a lady I will get to meet in heaven if not on this earth! I am so thankful for what you and your husband are doing! What a blessing you are to me!
In Christ, Stephanie
Artopiary