CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Life Keeps Moving

Well, tomorrow is the last Saturday we have planned at the Flea Market. It's a little bittersweet ... it's tiring getting up so early on a Sarturday morning so it will be nice to be done, but we've also gotten to know some very nice people ... and saying goodbye is always hard. These will be the first of many good-byes.

The new jewelry displays are coming along -- we'll be using them tomorrow, although they still need some finishing coats of paint and laquer. I'm hoping to post pix next week ... I'd like to wait until they're totally finished. The last major thing I need for my displays are table skirts. I'll probably make them so I'm looking for the right fabric in the right color at the right price. I'd like a medium-light green -- something that will look good with any color flowers. I decorate my tables with small bridal bouquets and like to change them for different seasons. I've been using red all winter -- tomorrow I have pink bouquets. Since my jewelry is perfect for weddings, I want to hint at bridal in my displays.

For the past several weeks, when I sell a piece of jewelry, I've been enclosing a little flyer that tells customers how to place a special order and advertises my Etsy shop. The back has been blank. Last weekend, it occurred to me that I could use the space on the back to promote other Etsy shops -- it will help other sellers and make my customers aware of shopping at Etsy. I contacted a number of sellers and have put together a very nice list of shops. The response was so big, I ended up with 4 groups - it works out great because the sellers in each group are unique -- no one else in that group sells the same kind of art. I'm able to advertise nearly 40 artists!

We still don't have permits to build the church here. The red tape is incredible but we're working our way through it. We are very close to having the site plan approved and we're in the process of getting the prints ready to submit. Port St Lucie has a "pre-permit" approval process that allows us to submit the plans and have them approved to prepare for permits. We will be leaving at the end of April -- the next project is preparing for us. It is our hope to come back after the WI project and build here. Our plans over the next few weeks are still a little fuzzy ... so more later!

2 comments:

littlethings1 said...

Thanks Susan !! Check out my Featured Seller blog ( bling & such ) . Your jewelry is fabulous. Best to you at all of your up coming markets !!

Ktrek said...

Susan,

I noticed in your profile that you are a fan of classic movies. I'd like to invite you to a social network I started just for classic movie fans. It's similar to MySpace but is exclusive to classic movie fans. I think you would really enjoy it. Here is the link:

http://goldenageofhollywood.ning.com/

Hope to see you there!

Kevin
aka Ktrek