CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Smell Orange

I started my day as normally as any other -- a little toast and a fresh orange for breakfast. My kitchen smelled fresh and citrus-y for a couple hours afterward. Then I ran errands -- no big deal, but I travels took me past the Tropicana plant. We seem to be in between seasons so there wasn't much activity but there is still a hint of orange in the air. This afternoon, I did a little cleaning -- again, no big deal -- but it just happened that I used a furniture polish with orange oil. Again that scent of orange! I find it to be a pleasant fragrance -- good thing!!

I've continued to be busy with jewelry. Last week, I cleaned all of it and prepared for a show on Friday evening. I re-tagged all the earrings -- the price of silver has gone up more than I can continue to absorb and it seemed a good time to get consistent with all the labels (same fonts, same layouts, etc). I made a dozen necklaces and about 40 pairs of earrings. My racks were full for the craft show. It was the best sales event I've had since we moved here nearly 6 months ago. When I got home, it was late -- nearly 11 pm -- but I wanted to do a quick check of email. I discovered that I had a sale on Etsy too! It was an encouraging night for business -- a night I very much needed. It's been a slow winter -- I hope the spring continues to bring better business days.

0 comments: