CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Recap the week

Tuesday night was our dinner -- everything went well and it came off great! I think everyone had a good time. After our guests left, I was feeling a little creative so sat down and played with my beads -- came up with a couple new earring configurations. In my creative process, I make something, then leave it laying around for a few days so I can look at it and think about it, then I decide if I REALLY like it. One design is a keeper, the other still needs work.

Wednesday, I had another creative day. I've had 2 necklaces started (the pretty front parts of the styles) for several months but have had the equivalent of writers block for how to finish them. Wed, I figured out a finish for one of the necklaces. Thursday, I figured out a finish for the 2nd. They are both still in my consideration days to see if they're keepers, but it's looking positive. I also have ideas for a couple more necklaces -- but had to order components so hopefully next week I can try them out.

Wednesday, I also signed up to sell at the Flea Market in Stuart, FL -- will start on the 19th and am signed up for 6 Saturdays. I'm excited at the prospect! And maybe a little overwhelmed.

We are working to get ready to build Grace Fellowship Baptist Church in Port St Lucie, FL. It's been a good week in the planning and some things are starting to come together. We've found some terrific local people to work with and they've been a huge help! We also found a fabulous deal on some close-out floor tile -- it's a little early to be buying but someone in the church has some storage space in their garage and finding this stuff at 75% off is too good to pass up!

Thursday was a blue day for me -- the anniversary of my brother's death. It's so hard to believe it's been 30 years. He was only 18 and died suddenly. It may seem odd, but I've missed Dave more in the past few years than I did back then. Maybe because of all the events in my life and family that he's not sharing with me. I look forward to heaven.

Today, my friend, Anna, flew to VA to be with her daughter who's about to have a baby. It's going to be too quiet around here! ;)
Tomorrow morning, it's my Sunday to play piano for church services -- and I'm singing special music. I always have butterflies before that but tonight, I'm thinking that they're B-17's!!

0 comments: