CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Renegade Chicken

Sunday morning went well -- my music came out all right so the butterflies in my stomach are silent. When we got home from church, we discovered that we had a visitor -- a stray chicken! I think one of the neighbors has some chickens in their yard, so undoubtedly, this is an escapee. But it's been with us all week! I'm not quite sure why it's adopted us but it sticks pretty close, roosting here every night. It's tried to fly into our living room (hitting the window) and this afternoon, we had our door open and it tried to come in through the screen. Last night, for dinner, we had chicken on the grill (legs and thighs from Winn Dixie). In the night, I heard a funny sound outside, and when
I investigated, we had chicken on the grill (!).

This week, I've been busy gearing up for the flea market this Saturday. I've also been working on a massive project in excel to track costs, pricing, etc for my jewelry. Tomorrow I still need to get my display stuff dug out and ready to take to the market. I have about 500 pairs of earrings ready to go but still need to make about 30 or 40 more pairs -- if all goes well, I should be able to finish those soon. I have a few necklaces -- just need to tag them. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good sales day Sat!

1 comments:

Wysewife said...

rofl... That's not what I envision when I think "chicken on the grill!"