CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Creative Energy!

I've been BUSY! I was able to get in to a craft show on Saturday, but we were also still committed to being at the flea market -- so we did both. My wonderful husband did the flea market and I headed for the craft show (a friend also went with me until my husband could get there). The weather was windy and chilly, so neither was a good as we had hoped but it still wasn't bad ... and I made some GREAT contacts! One lady was interested in my stuff for a wedding. Another lady told me about a monthly event in an upscale part of town ... then said my stuff was PERFECT for that show (that was flattering!) ... then called me later with phone number so I can try to get in. I gave out a bunch of business cards, too. So, while it wasn't the fabulous sales day I would have liked, I think it was profitable.

While I'm at a show/market, I offer to make jewelry "on demand" -- customers can get any style earrings in whatever color they choose and it only takes me about 15 minutes (which is why I don't do a show alone -- I usually end up making while someone else keeps on eye on business). I usually don't do necklaces on demand because they take too long to make ... but Saturday, one lady asked me to make something for her, and she created her own design. I wouldn't have put it together quite the way she did, but it has prompted a flood of ideas for a couple new styles! So.... this week I'm hoping to perfect the ideas and make some more necklaces! It was also a simpler design than what I usually make so I could probably make it on demand at a show ... and it will be the least expensive necklace in my repertoire so it should make a good seller. I couldn't sleep last night ... too many creative juices rolling!!

And back to last week, because we were going to split up, I made about 150 new pairs of earrings. I guess it kept me out of trouble! Sort of?

Tonight, we are planning to go see the launch of the shuttle -- it's a night launch at 2:30 tomorrow morning. Night launches are FABULOUS!!!!! So I'm pretty excited! But I really need a nap this afternoon, so I better get crackin' on the new necklaces so I can sleep.

1 comments:

Handcrafted by LaMar said...

This is a great piece. That is what I need for my wife to help me do some work here LOL!

But you keep keeping on because your story makes me put the quitting behind me....